List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Hoadley Date:June 24 2004 12:50am
Subject:Re: NDB Cluster on multiple computers
View as plain text
Tomas --

Thanks for your reply. The information in Matteo's post solved my problem too:

  > Solved!

  > simply before I had the hostname of each machine listed
  > in the 127.0.0.1 entry in /etc/hosts.
  > Moving that entry on both machine to the eth0 ipaddr
  > instead of 127.0.0.1 made averything work....

Now I've got another hang up.

I've got MySQL Cluster running with the MGM, DB1 and API on a host named edsel,
and DB2 on a host named cooler.

When I stop DB2 all is good. MySQL clients can still use the database. However
when I stop DB1, mysqld crashes (tries to restart and can't). At this point I
can restart DB1, then restart mysqld and everything is fine again.

Tomas, any ideas? Matteo have you tried this sort of test?

The errors I see in the mysql client (running on a third computer) are:

mysql> SELECT * FROM woohoo;
ERROR 1015: Can't lock file (errno: 4009)
mysql> SELECT * FROM woohoo;
ERROR 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query

The error log var/edsel.err says:

040623 17:20:18  mysqld started
040623 17:20:18  InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 43634
/usr/local/mysql/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections.
Version: '4.1.3-beta-nightly-20040618'  socket: '/tmp/mysql.sock'  port: 3306
mysqld got signal 11;
This could be because you hit a bug. It is also possible that this binary
or one of the libraries it was linked against is corrupt, improperly built,
or misconfigured. This error can also be caused by malfunctioning hardware.
We will try our best to scrape up some info that will hopefully help diagnose
the problem, but since we have already crashed, something is definitely wrong
and this may fail.

key_buffer_size=8388600
read_buffer_size=131072
max_used_connections=1
max_connections=100
threads_connected=1
It is possible that mysqld could use up to
key_buffer_size + (read_buffer_size + sort_buffer_size)*max_connections =
225791 K
bytes of memory
Hope that's ok; if not, decrease some variables in the equation.

thd=0x87185e0
Attempting backtrace. You can use the following information to find out
where mysqld died. If you see no messages after this, something went
terribly wrong...
Cannot determine thread, fp=0xb05c1c6c, backtrace may not be correct.
Stack range sanity check OK, backtrace follows:
0x816ebc0
0xb749de48
0x81b8224
0x81ee1b0
0x81b8224
0x81b7478
0x81b13b7
0x81a91d1
0x81a9c05
0x81a618a
0x8183b3e
0x818974c
0x8182588
0x8182136
0x81818da
0xb7497dac
0xb73c3a8a
New value of fp=(nil) failed sanity check, terminating stack trace!
Please read http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Using_stack_trace.html and follow
instructions on how to resolve the stack trace. Resolved
stack trace is much more helpful in diagnosing the problem, so please do
resolve it
Trying to get some variables.
Some pointers may be invalid and cause the dump to abort...
thd->query at 0x8731348 = SELECT * FROM woohoo
thd->thread_id=1
The manual page at http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Crashing.html contains
information that should help you find out what is causing the crash.

Number of processes running now: 0
040623 17:25:05  mysqld restarted
040623 17:25:05  InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 43634
040623 17:26:11  Can't init databases
040623 17:26:11  Aborting

040623 17:26:11  InnoDB: Starting shutdown...
040623 17:26:13  InnoDB: Shutdown completed; log sequence number 0 43634
040623 17:26:13  /usr/local/mysql/libexec/mysqld: Shutdown complete

040623 17:26:15  mysqld ended

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-- Jim