List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mikael Ronström Date:August 16 2004 12:11pm
Subject:Re: NDB Cluster on AMD Opteron machine
View as plain text
Hi Aram,

2004-08-11 kl. 18.34 skrev Aram:

> Hi all,
>
> I setup both 4.1.3 and 5.0.1 releases on AMD Opteron machine.  Below
> is list of issues I encountered and details for my current
> environment:
>
> Version: 4.1.3
> --------------------
> Invoking "ndb_mgmd -c config.ini -l Ndb.cfg -d" generates segmentation
> fault in ConfigValuesFactory::put. (A quick diff between 4.1.3 and
> 5.0.1 shows several fixes in ConfigValues.cpp)
>
> Will those fixes be merged into 4.1.x branch?

Yes.

> Version: 5.0.1
> --------------------
> The general speed of ndb is very slow (at least 100 times compared to
> 32 bit machine).  This difference is not seen for InnoDB.  I based
> speed comparison on simple select count and bulk data import.

100 times I haven't seen before. Select count is slightly faster in
InnoDB what
I've seen so far. Bulk data import can be of similar and even faster
speed using
ndb. However the cluster team is currently focused on the 4.1.x
branches and
do not apply any particular tests on the 5.0.x branches. This will soon
change.

Rgrds Mikael