List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Devananda Date:June 23 2004 7:12pm
Subject:Re: Cluster not compiling on Mandrake. Do I need Redhat AS ?
View as plain text
Jonas Oreland wrote:

> Hi,
>

> What gcc/compiler version are you running?

gcc 3.4.0

Now I see that
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/MySQL_Cluster_building.html lists gcc
2.95.4.
Giving that a try right now, thanks.

Devananda van der Veen
Neopets, Inc.

> > Every path I try seems to result in different
> > errors during compilation
>
> Can you please give some more examples of errors?
>
> > In looking through http://bugs.mysql.com, I see that a majority of the
> > people posting bugs for Cluster are running it on Redhat AS. Do I need
> > to be running this operating system for the current NDB Cluster source
> > to compile? Would this help, or is there something more I can do with
> > what I currently have?
>
> You don't need Redhat AS,
> but I don't know someone who have tried with Mandrake besides you.
>
> Regards,
>     Jonas Oreland
>
> Devananda wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been trying to build MySQL Cluster on a mandrake box (Mandrake
>> Linux release 9.2 (FiveStar) for i586), and tried both the snapshot
>> of 4.1.3-beta -nightly-20040621 and the source tree from BK, pulled
>> this morning, which according to /include/mysql_version.h is also
>> 4.1.3-beta.
>>
>> Initially, I installed  |autoconf| 2.53, |automake| 1.5, |libtool|
>> 1.5, the exact versions listed on
>> "http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Installing_source_tree.html".
>> Yesterday I noticed another page,
>> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/MySQL_Cluster_building.html, with
>> different version requirements for these (and a few more) tools.
>> After updating to the versions listed on MySQL_Cluster_building.html,
>> I'm still unable to compile. I've tried BUILD/compile-pentium-max
>> (edited to include --with-ndb-cluster) and I've also followed the
>> instructions on Installing_source_tree.html (aclocal, autoheader,
>> autoconf, etc) with a couple different options fed to ./configure.
>> Every path I try seems to result in different errors during
>> compilation, with the latest being:
>>        /../../../../ndb/src/kernel/vm/ArrayPool.hpp: In member
>> function `void UnsafeArrayPool<T>::getPtrForce(Ptr<T>&)':
>>        ../../../../ndb/src/kernel/vm/ArrayPool.hpp:798: error: `size'
>> undeclared (first use this function)/
>>

>> In looking through http://bugs.mysql.com, I see that a majority of
>> the people posting bugs for Cluster are running it on Redhat AS. Do I
>> need to be running this operating system for the current NDB Cluster
>> source to compile? Would this help, or is there something more I can
>> do with what I currently have?
>>

>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Devananda van der Veen
>> Neopets, Inc.

Thread
Cluster not compiling on Mandrake. Do I need Redhat AS ?Devananda23 Jun
  • Re: Cluster not compiling on Mandrake. Do I need Redhat AS ?Jonas Oreland23 Jun
    • Re: Cluster not compiling on Mandrake. Do I need Redhat AS ?Devananda23 Jun