List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jonas Oreland Date:June 23 2004 6:39pm
Subject:Re: Cluster not compiling on Mandrake. Do I need Redhat AS ?
View as plain text
Hi,

What gcc/compiler version are you running?

 > Every path I try seems to result in different
 > errors during compilation

Can you please give some more examples of errors?

 > In looking through http://bugs.mysql.com, I see that a majority of the
 > people posting bugs for Cluster are running it on Redhat AS. Do I need
 > to be running this operating system for the current NDB Cluster source
 > to compile? Would this help, or is there something more I can do with
 > what I currently have?

You don't need Redhat AS,
but I don't know someone who have tried with Mandrake besides you.

Regards,
	Jonas Oreland

Devananda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to build MySQL Cluster on a mandrake box (Mandrake
> Linux release 9.2 (FiveStar) for i586), and tried both the snapshot of
> 4.1.3-beta -nightly-20040621 and the source tree from BK, pulled this
> morning, which according to /include/mysql_version.h is also 4.1.3-beta.
>
> Initially, I installed  |autoconf| 2.53, |automake| 1.5, |libtool| 1.5,
> the exact versions listed on
> "http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Installing_source_tree.html".
> Yesterday I noticed another page,
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/MySQL_Cluster_building.html, with
> different version requirements for these (and a few more) tools. After
> updating to the versions listed on MySQL_Cluster_building.html, I'm
> still unable to compile. I've tried BUILD/compile-pentium-max (edited to
> include --with-ndb-cluster) and I've also followed the instructions on
> Installing_source_tree.html (aclocal, autoheader, autoconf, etc) with a
> couple different options fed to ./configure. Every path I try seems to
> result in different errors during compilation, with the latest being:
>        /../../../../ndb/src/kernel/vm/ArrayPool.hpp: In member function
> `void UnsafeArrayPool<T>::getPtrForce(Ptr<T>&)':
>        ../../../../ndb/src/kernel/vm/ArrayPool.hpp:798: error: `size'
> undeclared (first use this function)/
>

> In looking through http://bugs.mysql.com, I see that a majority of the
> people posting bugs for Cluster are running it on Redhat AS. Do I need
> to be running this operating system for the current NDB Cluster source
> to compile? Would this help, or is there something more I can do with
> what I currently have?
>

> Sincerely,
>
> Devananda van der Veen
> Neopets, Inc.

Thread
Cluster not compiling on Mandrake. Do I need Redhat AS ?Devananda23 Jun
  • Re: Cluster not compiling on Mandrake. Do I need Redhat AS ?Jonas Oreland23 Jun
    • Re: Cluster not compiling on Mandrake. Do I need Redhat AS ?Devananda23 Jun