List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Devananda Date:June 23 2004 5:45pm
Subject:Cluster not compiling on Mandrake. Do I need Redhat AS ?
View as plain text
Hi,

I've been trying to build MySQL Cluster on a mandrake box (Mandrake
Linux release 9.2 (FiveStar) for i586), and tried both the snapshot of
4.1.3-beta -nightly-20040621 and the source tree from BK, pulled this
morning, which according to /include/mysql_version.h is also 4.1.3-beta.

Initially, I installed  |autoconf| 2.53, |automake| 1.5, |libtool| 1.5,
the exact versions listed on
"http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Installing_source_tree.html".
Yesterday I noticed another page,
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/MySQL_Cluster_building.html, with
different version requirements for these (and a few more) tools. After
updating to the versions listed on MySQL_Cluster_building.html, I'm
still unable to compile. I've tried BUILD/compile-pentium-max (edited to
include --with-ndb-cluster) and I've also followed the instructions on
Installing_source_tree.html (aclocal, autoheader, autoconf, etc) with a
couple different options fed to ./configure. Every path I try seems to
result in different errors during compilation, with the latest being:
        /../../../../ndb/src/kernel/vm/ArrayPool.hpp: In member function
`void UnsafeArrayPool<T>::getPtrForce(Ptr<T>&)':
        ../../../../ndb/src/kernel/vm/ArrayPool.hpp:798: error: `size'
undeclared (first use this function)/

In looking through http://bugs.mysql.com, I see that a majority of the
people posting bugs for Cluster are running it on Redhat AS. Do I need
to be running this operating system for the current NDB Cluster source
to compile? Would this help, or is there something more I can do with
what I currently have?

Sincerely,

Devananda van der Veen
Neopets, Inc.

Thread
Cluster not compiling on Mandrake. Do I need Redhat AS ?Devananda23 Jun
  • Re: Cluster not compiling on Mandrake. Do I need Redhat AS ?Jonas Oreland23 Jun
    • Re: Cluster not compiling on Mandrake. Do I need Redhat AS ?Devananda23 Jun