List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stewart Smith Date:June 30 2006 7:51am
Subject:Re: cluster replication in 4.1.16
View as plain text
On Fri, 2006-06-30 at 17:49 +1200, Simon Garner wrote:
> The problem with this is there's no way to use it in conjunction with
> binary logs for "always current" or point in time backup and recovery.
> Recovering from an ndb backup only gets you back to whatever point in
> time the backup was taken.
>
> It would be great if MySQL Cluster had some functionality for
> centralised binary logging (e.g. on the management node). Then one could
> do a cluster backup (which would record the current binary log position)
> and then recover from there by re-applying queries using the binlogs. I
> don't know if that's technically feasible...

it is, it's in 5.1. MySQL Cluster Replication will produce a single,
canonical binlog for the cluster. I go over the architecture in my
Cluster talk that's on Google Video.

> At the moment we have to force all update queries to go through one
> "master" server (we need this anyway because we can't use NDB for all
> our tables), which has binary logging and replicated slaves which do
> daily backups with mysqldump. I don't bother with backups from the
> ndb_mgm any more, because I can't relate them to any position in the
> binlog so I can't actually use them for recovery.

5.1 will give you the binary logs you desire.
--
Stewart Smith, Software Engineer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Jumpstart your cluster:
http://www.mysql.com/consulting/packaged/cluster.html

Replication with NDB (under 5.0)Alex Davies24 Jun
  • Re: Replication with NDB (under 5.0)Adam Dixon25 Jun
    • cluster replication in 4.1.16Yong Lee30 Jun
      • RE: cluster replication in 4.1.16Jimmy Guerrero30 Jun
        • RE: cluster replication in 4.1.16Stewart Smith30 Jun
      • Re: cluster replication in 4.1.16Stewart Smith30 Jun
        • Re: cluster replication in 4.1.16Simon Garner30 Jun
          • Re: cluster replication in 4.1.16Stewart Smith30 Jun
            • Re: cluster replication in 4.1.16Simon Garner30 Jun
              • RE: cluster replication in 4.1.16Yong Lee30 Jun
                • RE: cluster replication in 4.1.16Stewart Smith1 Jul