List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Pascal Gauthier Date:August 11 2004 1:15pm
Subject:Re: auto_increment with MySQL Cluster produce weird result in some
case
View as plain text
On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 04:02, Martin Skold wrote:
> Hi!
>
> In MySQL Cluster auto_increment values are stored in the distributed database
> since they are global (per table). Since it is much more expensive to manage such
> counters than in a local non-distributed database, the auto_increment values are
> pre-fetched in batches (currently of size 32). This is thus not a bug.
> Actually I was only able to reproduce the problem running two clients, where if
> I do insert in the first I get 0 (since it has a batch 0 - 31) and if insert in the
> second I get 32 (since it has a batch of 32-63).

Ok great, I hope you will document it (if not already done)

Thanks for your help

--
Pascal Gauthier
Cel: 514-668-9966

auto_increment with MySQL Cluster produce weird result in some casePascal Gauthier10 Aug
  • Re: auto_increment with MySQL Cluster produce weird result in somecasePascal Gauthier10 Aug
    • Re: auto_increment with MySQL Cluster produce weird result in somecaseMartin Skold11 Aug
      • Re: auto_increment with MySQL Cluster produce weird result in somecasePascal Gauthier11 Aug