List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jonas Oreland Date:August 11 2004 10:29am
Subject:Re: Building cluster on Redhat 8
View as plain text
moveiteasy wrote:
> Hi
> I am a new member of the list and I have been trying to build the
> cluster software on my RedHat 8 platform after reading the current
> article on the web site.
> so..
> I issued the following command
> BUILD/compile-pentium-max
> and all was going well until I ended up with this error....
> making all in sql
> gmake[2]: Entering directory `/home/admin/mysql/cluster/mysql-4.1/sql'
> gmake[2]: warning: -jN forced in submake: disabling jobserver mode.
> bison -y  -d `test -f 'sql_yacc.yy' || echo './'`sql_yacc.yy
> conflicts:  361 shift/reduce
> sql_yacc.yy:5960: fatal error: maximum table size (32767) exceeded
> gmake[2]: *** [] Error 1
> I presume that the table size mentioned is not a mysql table but
> an internal table used by gcc.  Does anyone know why the error has
> occured or what to do about it?
> Kind regards
> Nick Parker
> Mitsu-W Ltd

Quote from

"If you are trying to configure MySQL 4.1 or later, you will also need
GNU bison 1.75 or later. Older versions of bison may report this error:

sql_yacc.yy:#####: fatal error: maximum table size (32767) exceeded"

I.e upgrade your bison version (and maybe check other versions of
software while your at it)

Jonas Oreland, Software Engineer
Building cluster on Redhat 8moveiteasy11 Aug
  • Re: Building cluster on Redhat 8Jonas Oreland11 Aug