List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jonas Oreland Date:August 11 2004 10:29am
Subject:Re: Building cluster on Redhat 8
View as plain text
moveiteasy wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am a new member of the list and I have been trying to build the
> cluster software on my RedHat 8 platform after reading the current
> article on the web site.
>
> so..
>
> I issued the following command
>
> BUILD/compile-pentium-max
>
> and all was going well until I ended up with this error....
>
> making all in sql
> gmake[2]: Entering directory `/home/admin/mysql/cluster/mysql-4.1/sql'
> gmake[2]: warning: -jN forced in submake: disabling jobserver mode.
> bison -y  -d `test -f 'sql_yacc.yy' || echo './'`sql_yacc.yy
> conflicts:  361 shift/reduce
> sql_yacc.yy:5960: fatal error: maximum table size (32767) exceeded
> gmake[2]: *** [sql_yacc.cc] Error 1
>
> I presume that the table size mentioned is not a mysql table but
> an internal table used by gcc.  Does anyone know why the error has
> occured or what to do about it?
>
> Kind regards
>

> Nick Parker
> Mitsu-W Ltd

Hi,

Quote from http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Installing_source_tree.html

"If you are trying to configure MySQL 4.1 or later, you will also need
GNU bison 1.75 or later. Older versions of bison may report this error:

sql_yacc.yy:#####: fatal error: maximum table size (32767) exceeded"

I.e upgrade your bison version (and maybe check other versions of
software while your at it)

/Jonas

--
Jonas Oreland, Software Engineer