List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mikael Ronström Date:August 10 2004 9:20am
Subject:Re: Nodes crash on table creation
View as plain text
Hi Alex,

2004-08-09 kl. 18.07 skrev Wheeler, Alex:

> After doing further testing, it would appear that the number of nodes
> must be a power of 2:
> A test of 2 nodes works fine, but 3 fails
> 4 works, but 6 fails
> 8 works...
> Is this documented and I just missed it?

No, it is not documented. However, we have focused our testing on
configurations that are a
power of 2. So if you find problems with other configurations please
submit them as bug reports.
I have been playing around a little bit with a 3-node configuration
lately.

Also most, if not all our testing has focused on 1 and 2 replicas. So 3
and 4 replicas is also an area
where bugs are likely to be found. But please report bugs in these
areas as well. Usually the bugs
in those areas are fairly easy fixes.

Rgrds Mikael

> --
> Alex Wheeler

Nodes crash on table creationAlex Wheeler5 Aug
  • Re: Nodes crash on table creationMikael Ronström5 Aug
RE: Nodes crash on table creationAlex Wheeler9 Aug
  • Re: Nodes crash on table creationMikael Ronström10 Aug