List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mikael Ronström Date:August 6 2004 6:44pm
Subject:Re: Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction
View as plain text
Hi,
You are running 2 ndbd processes of around 900M plus mysql servers on
the same machine and
I guess the client is on the machine so thus the default figure for
default deadlock detection timeout
won't work so well with the machine so heavily used.

Try setting TransactionDeadlockDetectionTimeout to a higher value
It is currently set to 1200 milliseconds, try with something like 4000
milliseconds
Note default is changing from 4.1.3 to 4.1.4

DB]TransactionDeadlockDetectionTimeout
When a transactioon is involved in executing a query it waits for other
nodes. If the other nodes doesn't respond it could depend on three
things. First, the node could be dead, second the operation could have
entered a lock queue and finally the node requested to perform the
action could be heavily overloaded. This time-out parameter states how
long the transaction coordinator will wait until it aborts the
transaction when waiting for query execution of another node.  Thus
this parameter is important both for node failure handling and for
deadlock detection. Setting it too high would cause a non-desirable
behaviour at deadlocks and node failures.  The default time out is 3000
milliseconds, 3 seconds.

Rgrds Mikael