List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Hoadley Date:June 23 2004 1:29am
Subject:NDB Cluster on multiple computers
View as plain text
I'm trying to set up MySQL Cluster with 2 DB nodes, where each DB node is on a
separate computer.

Management server is on computer 1.
DB node 2 is on computer 2.
DB node 3 is on computer 3.
Computer 1 and 3 are the same machine.

I've edited the config.ini on computer 1 and changed the definition of COMPUTER
2 to the hostname of computer 2. I've edited the Ndb.cfg on computer 2 to
reference the management server on computer 1.

Step 2.10 on page 20 of the MySQL Cluster Administrator Guide seems to say
that's all that's needed.

What I've seen:

Management server and DB node 3 start up and communicate, and apparently DB
node 2 sees the management server (looking at output from ndbd), but the
management server doesn't see DB node 2 (looking at NBD>2 status).

I am able to get MySQL Cluster running both computer 1 and computer 2
independently. In this case I am using ndb/ndbcluster.sh --small &

Some other pertinent info:

As a diagnostic, I tried to telnet from computer 1 to computer 2 on port 2202.
Connection refused. But a telnet to localhost on port 2202 on computer 2 is
accepted. I have ports 2200, 2201, 2202, 2203, 2204 open for TCP in iptables on
both computers.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.