List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Cory @ SkyVantage Date:November 11 2005 8:33pm
Subject:Best Fieldtype to store IP address...
View as plain text
I'm using MySQL-Cluster 5.0, and we're doing some research.

What is everyone's opinion as to what the best fieldtype to store an IP
address in?

varchar(16)  ?  because 16 is the max chars of an ip address...
char(16) ?
text(16)

Not quite sure how to get the best memory utilization...

Thread
Best Fieldtype to store IP address...Cory @ SkyVantage11 Nov
  • Re: Best Fieldtype to store IP address...Evan Borgstrom11 Nov
    • Re: Best Fieldtype to store IP address...Tim Schuh11 Nov
    • Re: Best Fieldtype to store IP address...Michael Stassen11 Nov
  • Re: Best Fieldtype to store IP address...pekka11 Nov