List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Luke H. Crouch Date:August 4 2004 4:37pm
Subject:performance question
View as plain text
okay, thanks to all the help from you awesome mysql guys (Vinay, Mikael, Pekka, Peter), we
now have our table loaded into cluster...a full 4 million records, too!

show table status:

name: gmargin
type: MyISAM
row_format: Fixed
rows: 4360571
avg_row_length: 100
data_length: 436057100
max_data_length: 429496729599
index_length: 140764160
data_free: 0

but, when we took it over to ndb, the performance seems to sag a TON! here's the
comparison of counting the records...

on regular mysql server:

mysql> select count(*) from gmargin;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
|  4360571 |
+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

on cluster mysql server:

mysql> select count(*) from gmargin;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
|  4355766 |
+----------+
1 row in set (30.89 sec)

why does it take more than 30x as long to count up the records on the cluster?! it's all
in main memory, right? I would think it'd be just as fast!

thanks,
-L

Luke Crouch
918-461-5326
luke.crouch@stripped

Thread
performance questionLuke H. Crouch4 Aug
  • Re: performance questionPaul G. Weiss4 Aug
RE: performance questionLuke H. Crouch4 Aug
  • Re: performance questionPaul Weiss4 Aug
  • Re: performance questionMikael Ronström4 Aug