List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mikael Ronström Date:July 30 2004 2:29pm
Subject:Re: 2 nodes or 4
View as plain text
Hi Paul,
If you are running both a ndbd and a mysqld on each 2-cpu box it is
good enough. Adding a second
ndbd might in some cases improve throughput but will also heighten the
risk of swapping and thus
heartbeat failures.

A machine running only two ndbd processes and nothing else can improve
throughput somewhat but
still one process on a 2-cpu box will have better real-time
characteristics and will sometimes use the
entire machine (at high write loads).

Rgrds Mikael