List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mikael Ronström Date:July 29 2004 10:28pm
Subject:Re: table full error?
View as plain text
Hi Luke,

2004-07-30 kl. 00.07 skrev Crouch, Luke H.:

> Mikael,
>
> the table has 4 million records, each about 100 bytes, and no primary
> key (doh!)

If no primary key exists then an 8 byte primary key will be generated.
100 bytes and default DataMemory setting should not
provide space for more than around 800k records so 996k records is even
more than that. IndexMemory default setting with
8 byte PK should also provide space for around 800k records. If you
have a 4 node cluster then it can handle twice the amount
of data.

> could that be part of our problem? this doesn't seem like an unusually
> large table...do you think the default values would be able to handle
> a table this size? could it be something else other than these memory
> settings?

You need to increase default settings. Default settings is mostly for
easy start on any machine, also a small machine. Sounds like you
need to set DataMemory to something like 500M and IndexMemory to
something like 150M. Check the manual at
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/MySQL_Cluster_DB_Definition.html
and the entries for DataMemory and IndexMemory for more info on how to
calculate the proper parameters.

Also I am not exactly sure what your error code was. I can't think of
any other table full variant than what here has been discussed but
providing the error message will clear the doubts away.

Rgrds Mikael

> thanks,
> -L

table full error?Luke H. Crouch29 Jul
  • Re: table full error?Mikael Ronström29 Jul
RE: table full error?Luke H. Crouch29 Jul
  • Re: table full error?Mikael Ronström29 Jul
RE: table full error?Luke H. Crouch30 Jul
  • Re: table full error?Mikael Ronström30 Jul
RE: table full error?Luke H. Crouch30 Jul
  • Re: table full error?Mikael Ronström30 Jul
RE: table full error?Luke H. Crouch30 Jul
  • Re: table full error?Mikael Ronström30 Jul
RE: table full error?Luke H. Crouch30 Jul
  • Re: table full error?pekka31 Jul
RE: table full error?Luke H. Crouch31 Jul
  • Re: table full error?pekka1 Aug
    • NDB documentationSundeep Narravula1 Aug
      • Re: NDB documentationpekka1 Aug
RE: table full error?Luke H. Crouch2 Aug
  • Re: table full error?pekka2 Aug