List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mikael Ronström Date:July 29 2004 3:46pm
Subject:Re: mysql cluster with 3 DB nodes
View as plain text
Hi Joseph and others,
The number of replicas was hardwired to 2 since we don't generally test
with more than
2 replicas. In the latest versions it is possible to have upto 4
replicas. There might still be
bugs with 3 and 4 replicas since it is not part of our automatic test
suites.

Rgrds Mikael

2004-07-22 kl. 22.08 skrev Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D.:

> It would appear that at present  the maximum number of replicas is two,
> which is hardwired in the code.
>
> See:
>
> 	mysql-4.1/ndb/src/common/mgmcommon/ConfigInfo.cpp
>

> -Joseph

> On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 15:49, Devananda wrote:
>> To my understanding, the number of DB nodes in any cluster must be
>> evenly divisible by NoOfReplicas. So for 3 db nodes, you would have to
>> set NoOfReplicas to 3, and then all your data is on all three, or you
>> would need NoOfReplicas set to 2, and then have 4 db nodes (and your
>> data would then split across 2 pairs of 2 db nodes).
>>
>> Devananda
>>

>> Kasthuri Ilankamban wrote:
>>
>>> I'm trying to setup three db nodes on three separate machines. I'm
>>> successful with 2 db nodes on two different machines, but three is
>>> not
>>> working. I'm able to start management server without any problem, but
>>> when I start ndbd -i on third computer, all three db nodes crashes .
>>> The first two nodes crashes with this error in the error.log:
>>>
>>> Date/Time: Thursday 22 July 2004 - 11:25:02
>>> Type of error: error
>>> Message: Arbitrator shutdown
>>> Fault ID: 2305
>>> Problem data: Arbitrator decided to shutdown this node
>>> Object of reference: QMGR (Line: 3764) 0x00000006
>>> ProgramName: NDB Kernel
>>> ProcessID: 1970
>>> TraceFile: NDB_TraceFile_5.trace
>>> ***EOM***
>>>
>>> and the third ndbd logs this error:
>>>
>>> Date/Time: Thursday 22 July 2004 - 12:27:12
>>> Type of error: error
>>> Message: Internal program error (failed ndbrequire)
>>> Fault ID: 2341
>>> Problem data: DbdihMain.cpp
>>> Object of reference: DBDIH (Line: 1080) 0x00000006
>>> ProgramName: NDB Kernel
>>> ProcessID: 1955
>>> TraceFile: NDB_TraceFile_1.trace
>>> ***EOM***
>>>

>>> cluster config.ini file looks like this:
>>>
>>> [COMPUTER]
>>> Id: 1
>>> HostName: sanskrit.web.itd.umich.edu
>>>
>>> [COMPUTER]
>>> Id: 2
>>> HostName: slovak.web.itd.umich.edu
>>>
>>> [COMPUTER]
>>> Id: 3
>>> HostName: croatian.web.itd.umich.edu
>>>
>>> [MGM]
>>> Id: 1
>>> ExecuteOnComputer: 1
>>> LogDestination: SYSLOG:facility=local0
>>> PortNumber: 28000
>>>
>>> [DB DEFAULT]
>>> NoOfReplicas: 2
>>>
>>> [DB]
>>> Id: 2
>>> ExecuteOnComputer: 1
>>> FileSystemPath: /var/mysql/cluster/data
>>>
>>> [DB]
>>> Id: 3
>>> ExecuteOnComputer: 2
>>> FileSystemPath: /var/mysql/cluster/data
>>>
>>> [DB]
>>> Id: 4
> [...]
Mikael Ronström, Senior Software Architect
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com
Office: +46 70 2646363

Clustering:
http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/04/14/HNmysqlcluster_1.html

mysql cluster with 3 DB nodesKasthuri Ilankamban22 Jul
  • Re: mysql cluster with 3 DB nodesDevananda22 Jul
    • Re: mysql cluster with 3 DB nodesKasthuri Ilankamban22 Jul
    • Re: mysql cluster with 3 DB nodesPh.D. Joseph E. Sacco22 Jul
      • Re: mysql cluster with 3 DB nodesMikael Ronström29 Jul
        • nightly crashingJim Hoadley29 Jul
          • Re: nightly crashingMikael Ronström29 Jul