List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Luke H. Crouch Date:July 27 2004 3:01pm
Subject:jdbc failover
View as plain text
I notice in the Connector/J documentation that failover hosts are connected to on
'read-only' basis. meaning if I have set up 4 mysqld API's, and I use JDBC to connect to
one of these, specify another one as the failover, it will only allow read statement to
go thru. in the cluster environment, it DOES make sense to let the failover host perform
writing queries, so how can I configure Connector/J to allow write queries on failover
hosts?

thanks,
-L

Luke Crouch
IS Developer
Red Man Pipe & Supply
918-461-5326
luke.crouch@stripped
**NOTE: MY EMAIL HAS CHANGED AS OF 6/17/2004**

Thread
jdbc failoverLuke H. Crouch27 Jul
  • Re: jdbc failoverMagnus Svensson3 Aug