List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Magnus Svensson Date:July 27 2004 8:34am
Subject:RE: mysqld API overview?
View as plain text
On Mon, 2004-07-26 at 23:25, Crouch, Luke H. wrote:
> I've made a little progress. I am able to run the ndb_show_tables with an Ndb.cfg
> like so:
>
> Ndb.cfg:
> OwnProcessId 6
> 10.0.199.151 10000
>
> [root@rh-mysql-1 2-api4]# ndb_show_tables
> id    type                 state    logging database     schema   name
> 0     SystemTable          Online   Yes     sys          def      SYSTAB_0
> 2     SystemTable          Online   Yes     sys          def      NDB$EVENTS_0
>
> NDBT_ProgramExit: 0 - OK

Very good! Now you should be able to start mysqld using the same
configuration files and it would connect to the cluster.

> but when I put the same Ndb.cfg file in mysql datadir (/usr/local/mysql/var) and run
> mysql with: mysqld_safe --user=mysql (and ndbcluser in the my.cnf), it starts up, but
> doesn't show up as an API in the management console. it isn't listed when I do an 'ALL
> STATUS' still. the Ndb.cfg must be in the datadir, correct? and the my.cnf file needs to
> just have a line under [mysqld] that says 'ndbcluser', right? is it possible that the
> server won't show up as an API to the manager, but it is running as one? if so, what other
> way can I test that the mysqld is using the cluster?

If you want to be really sure you can use the ndb_show_tables command,
after you have created a table, to verify that the table is in the NDB
storage engine.

Something like:
[root@rh-mysql-1 2-api4]# ndb_show_tables
id    type                 state    logging database     schema   name
 0     SystemTable          Online   Yes     sys          def
SYSTAB_0
 2     SystemTable          Online   Yes     sys          def
NDB$EVENTS_0
 4     UserTable             Online  Yes     sys           test
MYTABLE1

NDBT_ProgramExit: 0 - OK

--
Magnus Svensson, Software Engineer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Thread
mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch26 Jul
  • Re: mysqld API overview?Ph.D. Joseph E. Sacco26 Jul
RE: mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch26 Jul
  • RE: mysqld API overview?Ph.D. Joseph E. Sacco26 Jul
RE: mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch26 Jul
  • RE: mysqld API overview?Ph.D. Joseph E. Sacco26 Jul
RE: mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch26 Jul
  • RE: mysqld API overview?Magnus Svensson27 Jul
RE: mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch26 Jul
  • RE: mysqld API overview?Magnus Svensson27 Jul
RE: mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch27 Jul