List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christina Date:June 9 2004 1:02pm
Subject:Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock'
View as plain text
BlankIn just installed mysql 3.23.58 on my debian system. and copied my.conf to
/etc/mysql/
I tried to start the the database by
mysqld  --user=mysql&
and it works just fine

but as I tried to start it by
/bin/safe_mysqld --user=mysql&                 or     /support-files/mysql.server
start
there is only one line of response:  starting mysqld daemon with database from
/usr/local/mysql/data
and then when I typed in "mysql"
I got "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock'"
I found the sock file is in /tmp/mysqld.sock instead of the path in my.conf
"var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock'"

so I changed all the socket path in  the configuration file to let it poin to
/tmp/mysql.sock,

but again there is error message "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/tmp/mysqld.sock'"

now I totally have no idea why

would anybody throw me some light?

Thanks!!

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock'Christina9 Jun