List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Magnus Svensson Date:July 27 2004 8:30am
Subject:RE: mysqld API overview?
View as plain text
On Mon, 2004-07-26 at 18:13, Crouch, Luke H. wrote:
> okay, I did the same thing...
>
> copied my-medium.cnf to /usr/local/mysql/var/my.cnf
> put Ndb.cfg in /usr/local/mysql/var
>
> create the environment variables as specified.
>
> ran mysqld as user mysql
>
> and when I do an ALL STATUS, I still don't have any API nodes listed at all. I
> noticed that the my-medium.cnf file did NOT have an ndbcluster line anywhere...did you add
> this?

Hi,

ALL STATUS will only print status of DB nodes. Like this:
NDB> all status
Node 2: Started (Version 3.5.0)

Node 3: Started (Version 3.5.0)

Try the SHOW command instead and it will print something like this:
-- NDB Cluster -- Management Client --
Connecting to Management Server: 127.0.0.1:2200
NDB> show
Cluster Configuration
---------------------
2 NDB Node(s)
DB node:        2  (Version: 3.5.0)
DB node:        3  (Version: 3.5.0)

5 API Node(s)
API node:       4  (not connected)
API node:       5  (not connected)
API node:       6  (not connected)
API node:       7  (not connected)
API node:       8  (not connected)

1 MGM Node(s)
MGM node:       1  (Version: 3.5.0)

Notice that there is a difference if you type the commands in the MGM
Server(ndb_mgmd) window or if you use the Management Client(ndb_mgm).
I have used the Management Client in the examples above.

> -L

Magnus Svensson, Software Engineer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com
Office: +46 709 164 491

Thread
mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch26 Jul
  • Re: mysqld API overview?Ph.D. Joseph E. Sacco26 Jul
RE: mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch26 Jul
  • RE: mysqld API overview?Ph.D. Joseph E. Sacco26 Jul
RE: mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch26 Jul
  • RE: mysqld API overview?Ph.D. Joseph E. Sacco26 Jul
RE: mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch26 Jul
  • RE: mysqld API overview?Magnus Svensson27 Jul
RE: mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch26 Jul
  • RE: mysqld API overview?Magnus Svensson27 Jul
RE: mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch27 Jul