List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Luke H. Crouch Date:July 26 2004 9:25pm
Subject:RE: mysqld API overview?
View as plain text
I've made a little progress. I am able to run the ndb_show_tables with an Ndb.cfg like so:

Ndb.cfg:
OwnProcessId 6
10.0.199.151 10000

[root@rh-mysql-1 2-api4]# ndb_show_tables
id    type                 state    logging database     schema   name
0     SystemTable          Online   Yes     sys          def      SYSTAB_0
2     SystemTable          Online   Yes     sys          def      NDB$EVENTS_0

NDBT_ProgramExit: 0 - OK

but when I put the same Ndb.cfg file in mysql datadir (/usr/local/mysql/var) and run mysql
with: mysqld_safe --user=mysql (and ndbcluser in the my.cnf), it starts up, but doesn't
show up as an API in the management console. it isn't listed when I do an 'ALL STATUS'
still. the Ndb.cfg must be in the datadir, correct? and the my.cnf file needs to just
have a line under [mysqld] that says 'ndbcluser', right? is it possible that the server
won't show up as an API to the manager, but it is running as one? if so, what other way
can I test that the mysqld is using the cluster?

thanks,
-L
Thread
mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch26 Jul
  • Re: mysqld API overview?Ph.D. Joseph E. Sacco26 Jul
RE: mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch26 Jul
  • RE: mysqld API overview?Ph.D. Joseph E. Sacco26 Jul
RE: mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch26 Jul
  • RE: mysqld API overview?Ph.D. Joseph E. Sacco26 Jul
RE: mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch26 Jul
  • RE: mysqld API overview?Magnus Svensson27 Jul
RE: mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch26 Jul
  • RE: mysqld API overview?Magnus Svensson27 Jul
RE: mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch27 Jul