List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ph.D. Joseph E. Sacco Date:July 26 2004 4:00pm
Subject:RE: mysqld API overview?
View as plain text
(1) my-medium.cnf is distributed with the source
Look under /usr/local/mysql/share/mysql

(2) I placed the Ndb.cfg and my.cnf in the datadir for mysqld
	/usr/local/mysql/var

(3) I created a user to run mysql:
	user = mysql
	group = mysql

(4) I set the ownership of the files under the install tree as follows:

[applied in theorder shown]
        * chown -R root /usr/local/mysql
        * chgrp -R mysql /usr/local/mysql
        * chown -R mysql /usr/local/mysql/var

(5) Before I start mysqld_safe I set the environment using the following
script:

        #!/bin/bash

          MYSQL_HOME=/usr/local/mysql
        export PATH=$MYSQL_HOME/bin:$MYSQL_HOME/libexec:$PATH
        export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$MYSQL_HOME/lib
        export MANPATH=$NDB_HOME/man:$MANPATH

(6) Then I check that the ennvironment is correct:

	% which mysqld_safe

	  /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe

-Joseph

On Mon, 2004-07-26 at 11:22, Crouch, Luke H. wrote:
> where is the my-medium.cnf file located? I copied my own my.cnf file to the var
> directory and still don't see the API node listed when I run status...
>
> also, where do you have that Ndb.cfg file? in the datadir for mysql, or somewhere
> else?
>
> thanks again,
> -L

Thread
mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch26 Jul
  • Re: mysqld API overview?Ph.D. Joseph E. Sacco26 Jul
RE: mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch26 Jul
  • RE: mysqld API overview?Ph.D. Joseph E. Sacco26 Jul
RE: mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch26 Jul
  • RE: mysqld API overview?Ph.D. Joseph E. Sacco26 Jul
RE: mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch26 Jul
  • RE: mysqld API overview?Magnus Svensson27 Jul
RE: mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch26 Jul
  • RE: mysqld API overview?Magnus Svensson27 Jul
RE: mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch27 Jul