List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ph.D. Joseph E. Sacco Date:July 26 2004 2:15pm
Subject:RE: mysqld API overview?
View as plain text
If you have more than one version of the mysqld on your system it might
be better for now not to use a global my.cnf file, /etc/my.cnf.

Following the instructions in the tutorial on the MySQL WEBsite, I
copied the contents of my-medium.cnf into /usr/local/mysql/var/my.cnf,
changed the port number [just in case...], and fired up
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe. Seems to work.

-Joseph

--
Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. <jsacco[at]earthlink[dot]net>

Thread
mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch26 Jul
  • Re: mysqld API overview?Ph.D. Joseph E. Sacco26 Jul
RE: mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch26 Jul
  • RE: mysqld API overview?Ph.D. Joseph E. Sacco26 Jul
RE: mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch26 Jul
  • RE: mysqld API overview?Ph.D. Joseph E. Sacco26 Jul
RE: mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch26 Jul
  • RE: mysqld API overview?Magnus Svensson27 Jul
RE: mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch26 Jul
  • RE: mysqld API overview?Magnus Svensson27 Jul
RE: mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch27 Jul