List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jonas Oreland Date:May 18 2005 5:32am
Subject:Re: rolling upgrade
View as plain text
Egbert Rabe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what's the best way for rolling upgrade from 4.1.11 -> 4.1.12?

First do a backup.

> simply stop 'old' mgmd -> start 'new' mgmd, and afterwards do the same
> for all ndbd and mysqld?

yes, first mgmd, then ndbd's and last mysqld's.
(one by one)

note the ndbd should be started with "-i" argument.

> Are there any pitfalls?

no, but we havent tested this upgrade extensivly.

You need to have more "NoOfReplicas" set higher than 1.

/Jonas

--
Jonas Oreland, Software Engineer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com