List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Luke H. Crouch Date:July 26 2004 1:37pm
Subject:mysqld API overview?
View as plain text
is there a guide explaining how to set up mysqld processes as API to the cluster? I'm
running a 4-machine cluster (1,2,3, and 4 are the creative names, eh?). in config.ini,
I've specified:

machine 1: 1 MGM, 1 DB, 1 API
machine 2: 1 DB, 1 API
machine 3: 1 DB, 1 API
machine 4: 1 DB, 1 API

on machine 1....
/NDB/mgm/config.ini contents:
<snip>
[API DEFAULT]
ArbitratorRank: 1

[API]
Id: 6
ExecuteOnComputer: 1

[API]
Id: 7
ExecuteOnComputer: 2

[API]
Id: 8
ExecuteOnComputer: 3

[API]
Id:9
ExecuteOnComputer: 4

/etc/my.cnf contents:
[mysqld]
datadir=/usr/local/mysql/var
ndbcluster
socket=/tmp/mysql.sock

[client]
socket=/tmp/mysql.sock

/usr/local/mysql/var/Ndb.cfg contents:
OwnProcessId 6
10.0.199.150 10000 #mgmt server IP

but when I run an 'ALL STATUS' in the management, I don't see any API nodes listed at all.
is it like the DB nodes, where you have to start them all up to get one of them to start?
or have I put my Ndb.cfg in the wrong place? do I have to explicitly use the --ndbcluster
option on mysqld, or can I use it in the my.cnf like I am? the API setup part of the
cluster admin guide is very shaky...a couple sentences long...

can anyone help me out?
thanks,
-L

Thread
mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch26 Jul
  • Re: mysqld API overview?Ph.D. Joseph E. Sacco26 Jul
RE: mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch26 Jul
  • RE: mysqld API overview?Ph.D. Joseph E. Sacco26 Jul
RE: mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch26 Jul
  • RE: mysqld API overview?Ph.D. Joseph E. Sacco26 Jul
RE: mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch26 Jul
  • RE: mysqld API overview?Magnus Svensson27 Jul
RE: mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch26 Jul
  • RE: mysqld API overview?Magnus Svensson27 Jul
RE: mysqld API overview?Luke H. Crouch27 Jul