List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Hoadley Date:April 14 2005 2:32pm
Subject:Workaround for ERROR 1205 (HY000): Lock wait timeout exceeded;
View as plain text
I've found that if I stop 2 of 4 nodes before loading a mysqldump
file, I completely avoid this error. The nodes must be on different hosts
and, obviously, not in the same node group.

host a                  host b

NDB1                    NDB2
NDB3                    NDB4

Stop nodes NDB1 and NDB4, load, restart  NDB1 and NDB4 with --initial.
This works, but is it dangerous to the cluster's integrity? Is it supported?

Thx.

-- Jim