List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Hoadley Date:April 13 2005 5:48am
Subject:Re: ERROR 1205 (HY000) at line 559: Lock wait timeout exceeded;
View as plain text
FYI I often get this same error when trying to load data. I'll restart the
transaction, I'll drop the table and reload. Same result. And nothing in any
error log. Seems like adjusting parameters in config.ini should fix, but so far
I've found no magic bullet.

-- Jim

> We're giving Cluster a go on a lab database cluster with some sample
> datasets before allocating any real hardware to it. We have a dump from
> another mysql server that is about 250 MB in size, and trying to
> import it
> into our mysqld node in the cluster results in the following error
> after
> more than an hour of importing (using mysql < import.file):
>
> ERROR 1205 (HY000) at line 559: Lock wait timeout exceeded; try
> restarting
> transaction

In some cases this error code could occur due to a node failure. Check
cluster log
if any strange things occurred.

Rgrds Mikael