List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kasthuri Ilankamban Date:July 22 2004 8:02pm
Subject:Re: mysql cluster with 3 DB nodes
View as plain text
This is the error I'm getting with value 3 for NoOfReplicas

Error line 20: Illegal value 3 for parameter NoOfReplicas.
Legal values are between 1 and 2
Error line 20: Could not parse name-value pair in config file.
Local configuration error

Thanks
On Jul 22, 2004, at 3:49 PM, Devananda wrote:

> To my understanding, the number of DB nodes in any cluster must be
> evenly divisible by NoOfReplicas. So for 3 db nodes, you would have to
> set NoOfReplicas to 3, and then all your data is on all three, or you
> would need NoOfReplicas set to 2, and then have 4 db nodes (and your
> data would then split across 2 pairs of 2 db nodes).
>
> Devananda
>

> Kasthuri Ilankamban wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to setup three db nodes on three separate machines. I'm
>> successful with 2 db nodes on two different machines, but three is
>> not working. I'm able to start management server without any problem,
>> but when I start ndbd -i on third computer, all three db nodes
>> crashes . The first two nodes crashes with this error in the
>> error.log:
>>
>> Date/Time: Thursday 22 July 2004 - 11:25:02
>> Type of error: error
>> Message: Arbitrator shutdown
>> Fault ID: 2305
>> Problem data: Arbitrator decided to shutdown this node
>> Object of reference: QMGR (Line: 3764) 0x00000006
>> ProgramName: NDB Kernel
>> ProcessID: 1970
>> TraceFile: NDB_TraceFile_5.trace
>> ***EOM***
>>
>> and the third ndbd logs this error:
>>
>> Date/Time: Thursday 22 July 2004 - 12:27:12
>> Type of error: error
>> Message: Internal program error (failed ndbrequire)
>> Fault ID: 2341
>> Problem data: DbdihMain.cpp
>> Object of reference: DBDIH (Line: 1080) 0x00000006
>> ProgramName: NDB Kernel
>> ProcessID: 1955
>> TraceFile: NDB_TraceFile_1.trace
>> ***EOM***
>>

>> cluster config.ini file looks like this:
>>
>> [COMPUTER]
>> Id: 1
>> HostName: sanskrit.web.itd.umich.edu
>>
>> [COMPUTER]
>> Id: 2
>> HostName: slovak.web.itd.umich.edu
>>
>> [COMPUTER]
>> Id: 3
>> HostName: croatian.web.itd.umich.edu
>>
>> [MGM]
>> Id: 1
>> ExecuteOnComputer: 1
>> LogDestination: SYSLOG:facility=local0
>> PortNumber: 28000
>>
>> [DB DEFAULT]
>> NoOfReplicas: 2
>>
>> [DB]
>> Id: 2
>> ExecuteOnComputer: 1
>> FileSystemPath: /var/mysql/cluster/data
>>
>> [DB]
>> Id: 3
>> ExecuteOnComputer: 2
>> FileSystemPath: /var/mysql/cluster/data
>>
>> [DB]
>> Id: 4
>> ExecuteOnComputer: 3
>> FileSystemPath: /var/mysql/cluster/data
>>
>> [API DEFAULT]
>> ArbitrationRank: 1
>>
>> [API]
>> Id: 5
>> ExecuteOnComputer: 1
>>
>> [API]
> [...]

Thread
mysql cluster with 3 DB nodesKasthuri Ilankamban22 Jul
  • Re: mysql cluster with 3 DB nodesDevananda22 Jul
    • Re: mysql cluster with 3 DB nodesKasthuri Ilankamban22 Jul
    • Re: mysql cluster with 3 DB nodesPh.D. Joseph E. Sacco22 Jul
      • Re: mysql cluster with 3 DB nodesMikael Ronström29 Jul
        • nightly crashingJim Hoadley29 Jul
          • Re: nightly crashingMikael Ronström29 Jul