List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Devananda Date:July 22 2004 7:49pm
Subject:Re: mysql cluster with 3 DB nodes
View as plain text
To my understanding, the number of DB nodes in any cluster must be
evenly divisible by NoOfReplicas. So for 3 db nodes, you would have to
set NoOfReplicas to 3, and then all your data is on all three, or you
would need NoOfReplicas set to 2, and then have 4 db nodes (and your
data would then split across 2 pairs of 2 db nodes).

Devananda

Kasthuri Ilankamban wrote:

> I'm trying to setup three db nodes on three separate machines. I'm
> successful with 2 db nodes on two different machines, but three is not
> working. I'm able to start management server without any problem, but
> when I start ndbd -i on third computer, all three db nodes crashes .
> The first two nodes crashes with this error in the error.log:
>
> Date/Time: Thursday 22 July 2004 - 11:25:02
> Type of error: error
> Message: Arbitrator shutdown
> Fault ID: 2305
> Problem data: Arbitrator decided to shutdown this node
> Object of reference: QMGR (Line: 3764) 0x00000006
> ProgramName: NDB Kernel
> ProcessID: 1970
> TraceFile: NDB_TraceFile_5.trace
> ***EOM***
>
> and the third ndbd logs this error:
>
> Date/Time: Thursday 22 July 2004 - 12:27:12
> Type of error: error
> Message: Internal program error (failed ndbrequire)
> Fault ID: 2341
> Problem data: DbdihMain.cpp
> Object of reference: DBDIH (Line: 1080) 0x00000006
> ProgramName: NDB Kernel
> ProcessID: 1955
> TraceFile: NDB_TraceFile_1.trace
> ***EOM***
>

> cluster config.ini file looks like this:
>
> [COMPUTER]
> Id: 1
> HostName: sanskrit.web.itd.umich.edu
>
> [COMPUTER]
> Id: 2
> HostName: slovak.web.itd.umich.edu
>
> [COMPUTER]
> Id: 3
> HostName: croatian.web.itd.umich.edu
>
> [MGM]
> Id: 1
> ExecuteOnComputer: 1
> LogDestination: SYSLOG:facility=local0
> PortNumber: 28000
>
> [DB DEFAULT]
> NoOfReplicas: 2
>
> [DB]
> Id: 2
> ExecuteOnComputer: 1
> FileSystemPath: /var/mysql/cluster/data
>
> [DB]
> Id: 3
> ExecuteOnComputer: 2
> FileSystemPath: /var/mysql/cluster/data
>
> [DB]
> Id: 4
> ExecuteOnComputer: 3
> FileSystemPath: /var/mysql/cluster/data
>
> [API DEFAULT]
> ArbitrationRank: 1
>
> [API]
> Id: 5
> ExecuteOnComputer: 1
>
> [API]
> Id: 6
> ExecuteOnComputer: 2
>
> [API]
> Id: 7
> ExecuteOnComputer: 3
>
> [TCP DEFAULT]
> PortNumber: 28002
>

> Thanks
> Kasthuri

Thread
mysql cluster with 3 DB nodesKasthuri Ilankamban22 Jul
  • Re: mysql cluster with 3 DB nodesDevananda22 Jul
    • Re: mysql cluster with 3 DB nodesKasthuri Ilankamban22 Jul
    • Re: mysql cluster with 3 DB nodesPh.D. Joseph E. Sacco22 Jul
      • Re: mysql cluster with 3 DB nodesMikael Ronström29 Jul
        • nightly crashingJim Hoadley29 Jul
          • Re: nightly crashingMikael Ronström29 Jul