List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Hoadley Date:April 4 2005 2:12am
Subject:error on loading data
View as plain text
Reading the documentation and various posts in this list (thank you
Michael and Pekka especially), I have calculated the size of my datbase as
data size=1276M and index size=175M (details available upon request).

Using these formulas and given that I have 2 replicas and 2 data nodes, I
arrived
at these settings for config.ini:

DataMemory = (data size + (for each table(number of records * ordered
indexes * 10)) * NoOfReplicas) / number of data nodes (Size * 1.1) *
NoOfReplicas / NoOfDataNodes

IndexMemory = (for each table (for each primary or unique key (size of
attribute + 25))) * NoOfReplicas / number of data nodes

DataMemory=1404M
IndexMemory=193M

While loading my data (using 'mysql test < db.dump'), the process stops
midway (on table 8 of 20). I've calculated, and at that point, only 639M
of DataMemory and 61M of IndexMemory should be required, therefore it's
unlikely that the error is caused by having either DataMemory or
IndexMemory set too low.

In fact, the error received is "ERROR 1297 (HY000) at line 2777438: Got
temporary error 410 'REDO log buffers overloaded, consult online manual
(increase RedoBuffer, and|or decrease TimeBetweenLocalCheckpoints, and|or
increase NoOfFragmentLogFiles)' from ndbcluster". I have RedoBuffer,
TimeBetweenLocalCheckpoints and NoOfFragmentLogFiles set to their
defaults.

What should I set these to?

I'm running RHEL 3 (2.4.21-27.0.2.ELsmp) on 2 Dell PowerEdge 1850s
each w/6GB RAM, and here's my current config.ini:

#----------------------------

[ndbd default]
NoOfReplicas= 2
MaxNoOfConcurrentOperations=131072
DataMemory= 1404M
IndexMemory= 193M
Diskless= 0
DataDir= /var/mysql-cluster
TimeBetweenWatchDogCheck=10000
HeartbeatIntervalDbDb=10000
HeartbeatIntervalDbApi=10000
MaxNoOfAttributes = 2000
MaxNoOfOrderedIndexes = 5000
MaxNoOfUniqueHashIndexes = 5000

[ndbd]
HostName= 10.0.1.199

[ndbd]
HostName= 10.0.1.200

[ndb_mgmd]
HostName= 10.0.1.198
PortNumber= 2200

[mysqld]

[mysqld]

[tcp default]
PortNumber= 2202

#----------------------------

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-- Jim Hoadley
    Sr Software Eng
    Dealer Fusion Inc

Yahoo! Messenger
error on loading dataJim Hoadley4 Apr
  • Re: error on loading dataMikael Ronström4 Apr
    • Re: error on loading dataJim Hoadley4 Apr
      • Re: error on loading dataMikael Ronström4 Apr
        • Re: error on loading dataJim Hoadley5 Apr
          • Re: error on loading datapekka5 Apr
          • Re: error on loading dataMikael Ronström5 Apr
Re: error on loading dataJim Hoadley4 Apr