List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Justin Swanhart Date:July 20 2004 6:52pm
Subject:management server can't see database nodes...
View as plain text
I have a problem..

My management server appears to be working, but it
can't "see" the database nodes.  So I can't do an
orderly shutdown on them, etc.

When I run the management server it generates the
following output:

[root@george mgmt]# ./ndb_mgmd -c config.ini
NDB Cluster Management Server. Version 3.5.0 (beta)
Command port: 2200, Statistics port: 0
NDB> reportError (2, 32774)
reportError (3, 32774)
reportError (4, 32774)
reportError (5, 32774)
reportError (2, 32774)
[repeats forever]

I can start the database nodes on all four machines,
and they start up properly and create an initial
database (ndb -i)

When I connect to the management server with ndb_mgm
and do a "SHOW" I get this:

[root@george mgmt]# ndb_mgm
-- NDB Cluster -- Management Client --
Connecting to Management Server: localhost:2200
NDB> show
Cluster Configuration
---------------------
4 NDB Node(s)
DB node:        2  (not connected)
DB node:        3  (not connected)
DB node:        4  (not connected)
DB node:        5  (not connected)

4 API Node(s)
API node:       6  (not connected)
API node:       7  (not connected)
API node:       8  (not connected)
API node:       9  (not connected)

1 MGM Node(s)
MGM node:       1  (Version: 3.5.0)

---------------------------------

however, as I said, the database nodes are working and
my mysql processes can use them.  I created the
test_ndb_table through the mysql server on ringo

[root@george mgmt]# ndb_show_tables
id    type                 state    logging database
  schema   name
0     SystemTable          Online   Yes     sys
  def      SYSTAB_0
2     SystemTable          Online   Yes     sys
  def      NDB$EVENTS_0
4     UserTable            Online   Yes     test
  def      test_ndb_table

Here is my config.ini file:
[root@george mgmt]# cat config.ini
[COMPUTER]
Id: 1
ByteOrder: Little
HostName: ringo.db.xxxx.com

[COMPUTER]
Id: 2
ByteOrder: Little
HostName: george.db.xxxx.com

[COMPUTER]
Id: 3
ByteOrder: Little
HostName: paul.db.xxxx.com

[COMPUTER]
Id: 4
ByteOrder: Little
HostName: john.db.xxxx.com

[MGM]
Id: 1
ExecuteOnComputer: 1
PortNumber: 2200
#PortNumberStats: 2201
ArbitrationRank: 1

[DB DEFAULT]
NoOfReplicas: 2
LockPagesInMainMemory: N
StopOnError: Y
MaxNoOfConcurrentOperations: 16384
MaxNoOfConcurrentTransactions: 1024
IndexMemory: 256M
DataMemory: 2G
TimeBetweenLocalCheckpoints: 20
TimeBetweenGlobalCheckpoints: 1500
NoOfFragmentLogFiles: 8
BackupMemory: 16M
BackupDataBufferSize: 4M
BackupLogBufferSize: 4M
BackupWriteSize: 32k

[DB]
Id: 2
ExecuteOnComputer: 1
FileSystemPath: /usr/local/mysql/ndb_nodes/data

[DB]
Id: 3
ExecuteOnComputer: 2
FileSystemPath: /usr/local/mysql/ndb_nodes/data

[DB]
Id: 4
ExecuteOnComputer: 3
FileSystemPath: /usr/local/mysql/ndb_nodes/data

[DB]
Id: 5
ExecuteOnComputer: 4
FileSystemPath: /usr/local/mysql/ndb_nodes/data

[API]
Id: 6
ExecuteOnComputer: 1

[API]
Id: 7
ExecuteOnComputer: 2

[API]
Id: 8
ExecuteOnComputer: 3

[API]
Id: 9
ExecuteOnComputer: 4

[TCP DEFAULT]
PortNumber: 10002

Any ideas?

Thread
management server can't see database nodes...Justin Swanhart20 Jul