List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan Andersson Date:July 20 2004 12:09am
Subject:Re: API loses data during node restarts
View as plain text
Devananda wrote:

> Is it necessary to cross-link all db/api node combinations explicitly,
> like this? I can't imagine it is .... what would you do in a cluster
> with 10+ nodes?

It is not necessary to explicitly specify the connections. With the
current source tree it is enough to specify it like this:
.
.
.
[DB]
Id: 2
ExecuteOnComputer: 1

[DB]
Id: 3
ExecuteOnComputer: 2

[API]
Id: 4
ExecuteOnComputer: 3

[API]
Id: 5
ExecuteOnComputer: 4

Connections between all the nodes are setup automatically.
b.r,
-johan

> Devananda
>
> Justin Swanhart wrote:
>
>> Do you have a [TCP] section for connections between
>> the second API server and the first DB server?
>>
>> (assuming your app ids are 4 and 5 and your db ids are
>> 2 and 3)
>>
>> #DB1 / APP1
>> [TCP]  node1=2
>> node2=4
>>
>> #DB2 / APP1
>> [TCP]  node1=3
>> node2=4
>>
>> #DB1 / APP2
>> [TCP]
>> node1=2
>> node2=5
>>
>> #DB2 / APP2
>> [TCP]
>> node1=3
>> node2=5

Thread
API loses data during node restartsJim Hoadley19 Jul
  • Re: API loses data during node restartsDevananda19 Jul
    • Re: API loses data during node restartsJohan Andersson19 Jul
      • Re: API loses data during node restartsJim Hoadley20 Jul
        • Re: API loses data during node restartsJustin Swanhart20 Jul
          • Re: API loses data during node restartsMikael Ronström20 Jul
          • Re: API loses data during node restartsDevananda20 Jul
            • Re: API loses data during node restartsJohan Andersson20 Jul
        • Re: API loses data during node restartsMikael Ronström20 Jul
          • Re: API loses data during node restartsJohan Andersson20 Jul
            • Re: API loses data during node restartsJim Hoadley20 Jul
          • Re: API loses data during node restartsJim Hoadley20 Jul
            • Re: API loses data during node restartsMikael Ronström20 Jul
              • Re: API loses data during node restartsJim Hoadley22 Jul