List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Hoadley Date:February 11 2005 11:27pm
Subject:question about power failures
View as plain text
Let's say your application is in the middle of a database update. Your data
center loses power, there's no UPS and the generator doesn't kick in.

I presume all data since the last time data was flushed to disk is would be
lost. Is that correct? How often does that happen?

And isn't it advisable, then, to have a UPS that gracefully shuts down all
cluster server nodes before the backup battery loses power?

Thx.

-- Jim Hoadley
   Sr Software Eng
   Dealer Fusion, Inc.