List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Hoadley Date:February 3 2005 9:34pm
Subject:Re: How to configure nodes to communicate on private network
View as plain text
Jesse --

Here's a quick answer. I'm sure the MySQL crew will weigh in too.

Use private network IP addresses for the NDBD nodes in config.ini, then have
the nodes connect to the management server via the public IP addresses (either
via an Ndb.cfg file in the DataDir or on the command line
--connect-string=name).

I played around with the above, then eventually decided to keep NDB-to-NDB
and NDB-to-MGM communication on the same network, especially to keep
split-brain
scenarios simple.

-- Jim