List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jonas Oreland Date:July 16 2004 2:35am
Subject:Re: question about disk usage
View as plain text
> Hi all,
>
> Sorry if this is a basic question, but it's unclear to me at this point
> whether the cluster stores its data on the disk, or purely in memory,
> and what the plans are for this in the future. Basically, the problem
> I've got is this: I put my data in the cluster and stop/start the
> cluster, and all my data's gone. I understand that ideally, one would
> never have to stop the cluster, but realistically, what if there's a
> power failure or other disaster? I can't have all the data just *poof*
> away. And if I were able to run an ordinary backup server (say InnoDB)
> to replicate what is in the cluster, then I really wouldnt need a
> cluster at all. Now ... I notice that before I stop the DB nodes, the
> data directory is very large -- is the data stored there, and is it in a
> recoverable format, and if so, why doesn't my cluster restart with it's
> last known data?

1) All data is stored in memory at all time.
2) Data is checkpoint:ed to disk every so often
    (LCP & GCP)
3) Data is restored during restart
    (Note: you should _not_ do "-i" if you want to restart from checkpoint)

4) Plan is to change 1, so that one can store more than one has RAM
    but other properties will remain the same.

/jonas
Thread
question about disk usageDevananda16 Jul
  • Re: question about disk usageJonas Oreland16 Jul
Re: question about disk usageDevananda16 Jul