List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jonas Oreland Date:July 16 2004 2:35am
Subject:Re: question about disk usage
View as plain text
> Hi all,
> Sorry if this is a basic question, but it's unclear to me at this point
> whether the cluster stores its data on the disk, or purely in memory,
> and what the plans are for this in the future. Basically, the problem
> I've got is this: I put my data in the cluster and stop/start the
> cluster, and all my data's gone. I understand that ideally, one would
> never have to stop the cluster, but realistically, what if there's a
> power failure or other disaster? I can't have all the data just *poof*
> away. And if I were able to run an ordinary backup server (say InnoDB)
> to replicate what is in the cluster, then I really wouldnt need a
> cluster at all. Now ... I notice that before I stop the DB nodes, the
> data directory is very large -- is the data stored there, and is it in a
> recoverable format, and if so, why doesn't my cluster restart with it's
> last known data?

1) All data is stored in memory at all time.
2) Data is checkpoint:ed to disk every so often
    (LCP & GCP)
3) Data is restored during restart
    (Note: you should _not_ do "-i" if you want to restart from checkpoint)

4) Plan is to change 1, so that one can store more than one has RAM
    but other properties will remain the same.

question about disk usageDevananda16 Jul
  • Re: question about disk usageJonas Oreland16 Jul
Re: question about disk usageDevananda16 Jul