List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Devananda Date:July 16 2004 1:13am
Subject:question about disk usage
View as plain text
Hi all,

Sorry if this is a basic question, but it's unclear to me at this point
whether the cluster stores its data on the disk, or purely in memory,
and what the plans are for this in the future. Basically, the problem
I've got is this: I put my data in the cluster and stop/start the
cluster, and all my data's gone. I understand that ideally, one would
never have to stop the cluster, but realistically, what if there's a
power failure or other disaster? I can't have all the data just *poof*
away. And if I were able to run an ordinary backup server (say InnoDB)
to replicate what is in the cluster, then I really wouldnt need a
cluster at all. Now ... I notice that before I stop the DB nodes, the
data directory is very large -- is the data stored there, and is it in a
recoverable format, and if so, why doesn't my cluster restart with it's
last known data?

If there's a page on the website that talks about this (that I've
mysteriously overlooked) please point me there :-)

Thanks,

Devananda
Neopets, Inc.
Thread
question about disk usageDevananda16 Jul
  • Re: question about disk usageJonas Oreland16 Jul
Re: question about disk usageDevananda16 Jul