List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jonas Oreland Date:July 14 2004 8:57pm
Subject:Re: 157 GB MyISAM DB
View as plain text
Richard F. Rebel wrote:
> Thanks Jonas,
>
> Are the storage requirements switching between innodb table spaces and
> NDB spaces going to change?  I know when I went from myisam to innodb
> our requirements nearly doubled.  Might by chance the requirements
> decrease with NDB?

Sorry to say, but I don't know.
You could always try (with a small database).

/Jonas

> Thanks again,
>
> Richard
>
> On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 16:25, Jonas Oreland wrote:
>
>>Richard F. Rebel wrote:
>>
>>>I recently joined the list to ask a similar question.
>>>
>>>I currently store about 7 billion rows in about 400GB of InnoDB table
>>>space, we use the existing mysql replication to replicate to another
>>>system.
>>>
>>>My question is, does mysql cluster keep all data in RAM?  Thusly my
>>>cluster set up would require servers totally 400GB of ram, or maybe even
>>>800GB if I want the system to have two copies of everything for
>>>redundancy?  It's around 10k for a 1U dual proc system with 16 gigs, so
>>>I am hoping I have the wrong end of the stick...
>>>
>>>I read the available documentation, I can't seem to find clear sizing
>>>information.  Any help is appreciated.
>>
>>Currently the cluster keeps _all_ data in RAM.
>>We are however working on storing data on disk aswell.
>>Hopefully there will be something ready this fall/winter.
>>
>>/Jonas

Thread
157 GB MyISAM DBThomas B√∂hme13 Jul
  • Re: 157 GB MyISAM DBRichard F. Rebel14 Jul
    • Re: 157 GB MyISAM DBBrancaleoni Matteo14 Jul
    • Re: 157 GB MyISAM DBJonas Oreland14 Jul
      • Re: 157 GB MyISAM DBRichard F. Rebel14 Jul
        • Re: 157 GB MyISAM DBJonas Oreland14 Jul
        • Re: 157 GB MyISAM DBJeremy Zawodny16 Jul