List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jonas Oreland Date:July 14 2004 8:25pm
Subject:Re: 157 GB MyISAM DB
View as plain text
Richard F. Rebel wrote:
> I recently joined the list to ask a similar question.
>
> I currently store about 7 billion rows in about 400GB of InnoDB table
> space, we use the existing mysql replication to replicate to another
> system.
>
> My question is, does mysql cluster keep all data in RAM?  Thusly my
> cluster set up would require servers totally 400GB of ram, or maybe even
> 800GB if I want the system to have two copies of everything for
> redundancy?  It's around 10k for a 1U dual proc system with 16 gigs, so
> I am hoping I have the wrong end of the stick...
>
> I read the available documentation, I can't seem to find clear sizing
> information.  Any help is appreciated.

Currently the cluster keeps _all_ data in RAM.
We are however working on storing data on disk aswell.
Hopefully there will be something ready this fall/winter.

/Jonas

> On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 08:05, "Thomas Böhme" wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I currently have a MySQL DB running with about 2 billion records in
>>different MyISAM tables. These tables use a disk space of 157 GB data.
>>
>>As I understood the concept of MySQL Cluster, it keeps all information in
>>memory. To use it for my database, this would mean that I need a lot of
>>machines which have together more than 157 GB RAM, right?
>>

>>Is there a chance for me to get a cluster running with just a few nodes?
>>

>>Regards
>>Thomas Böhme

Thread
157 GB MyISAM DBThomas B√∂hme13 Jul
  • Re: 157 GB MyISAM DBRichard F. Rebel14 Jul
    • Re: 157 GB MyISAM DBBrancaleoni Matteo14 Jul
    • Re: 157 GB MyISAM DBJonas Oreland14 Jul
      • Re: 157 GB MyISAM DBRichard F. Rebel14 Jul
        • Re: 157 GB MyISAM DBJonas Oreland14 Jul
        • Re: 157 GB MyISAM DBJeremy Zawodny16 Jul