List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jonas Oreland Date:July 14 2004 8:12pm
Subject:Re: difficulty with indexes
View as plain text
Devananda wrote:
> That would make sense (and thanks for bringing that to my attention).
> However, show indexes reports that it is a BTREE, not a HASH. :-/
>
> mysql> show indexes from tdata;
> | tdata |          1 | i2       |            1 | username    | NULL
> |        NULL |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |
>

> Devananda
>

> Jeremy Zawodny wrote:
>
>> Doesn't NDB primarily used hash indexes?  If so, how would you expect
>> them to help?  It's like HEAP tables before MySQL 4.1.
>>
>> Jeremy

Ndb has both hash and tree indexes (actually T-tree's),
but we currently have some problem with getting the MySQL optimizer
choosing them in appropriate situations. And not they have not until
very recently been "fully" ordered, which have made them even more
diffucult to use.

We are however working on having them used "better".

/Jonas
Thread
difficulty with indexesDevananda13 Jul
Re: difficulty with indexesDevananda14 Jul
  • Re: difficulty with indexesJeremy Zawodny14 Jul
    • Re: difficulty with indexesDevananda14 Jul
      • Re: difficulty with indexesDevananda14 Jul
      • Re: difficulty with indexesJonas Oreland14 Jul