List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tomas Ulin Date:January 12 2005 9:22pm
Subject:Re: resizing ndb storage nodes
View as plain text
Jon,

jon stuart wrote:

> hi there,
>
> when i'm increasing DataMemory, IndexMemory and the like, i understand
> the procedure to be
>
> 1. edit ndb_mgmd's config.ini
> 2. restart ndb_mgmd
> 3. restart each ndbd in turn,
>    waiting for it to finish starting before moving to the next.

correct

> assuming this is correct, my question is: when restarting the ndbd's,
> is it enough to do perform
>
>   ndb_mgm> 1 restart

yes (but in most cases, see below)

> or do i need to pass the --initial flag to a manual invocation of ndbd
> on each node?

ndb_mgm> 1 restart -i   (ndb_mgm equivalent to --initial)

must be performed if the changes affects the filesystem, e.g.
NoOfFragmentLogFiles

> from looking at the source for ndb_mgmd, it looks like the -i flag to
> restart might be equivalent to passing --initial, but i'd like to be
> sure.

correct

> cheers, jon.

Thread
resizing ndb storage nodesjon stuart12 Jan
  • Re: resizing ndb storage nodesTomas Ulin12 Jan
Re: resizing ndb storage nodesTomas Ulin12 Jan