List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Devananda Date:July 14 2004 8:02pm
Subject:Re: difficulty with indexes
View as plain text
Actually the more I read on hash indexes and think about the way this
table is behaving, it does seem to be a hash index - despite being
reported as a btree. I've gotten up to 4mil rows (4 db nodes, 2
fragments, 1G ram each), and looking up a single row based on the
indexed value is almost instantaneous, but asking for anything ordered,
or a range of values, takes for ever.

Thanks,
Devananda

Devananda wrote:

> That would make sense (and thanks for bringing that to my attention).
> However, show indexes reports that it is a BTREE, not a HASH. :-/
>
> mysql> show indexes from tdata;
> | tdata |          1 | i2       |            1 | username    |
> NULL      |        NULL |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE
> |         |

> Devananda
>

> Jeremy Zawodny wrote:
>
>> Doesn't NDB primarily used hash indexes?  If so, how would you expect
>> them to help?  It's like HEAP tables before MySQL 4.1.
>>
>> Jeremy

Thread
difficulty with indexesDevananda13 Jul
Re: difficulty with indexesDevananda14 Jul
  • Re: difficulty with indexesJeremy Zawodny14 Jul
    • Re: difficulty with indexesDevananda14 Jul
      • Re: difficulty with indexesDevananda14 Jul
      • Re: difficulty with indexesJonas Oreland14 Jul