List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tomas Ulin Date:January 11 2005 4:30pm
Subject:Re: ndbd and ndb_mgmd process termination?
View as plain text
Martin Pála wrote:

>Hello,
>
>i have a question to the ndbd and ndb_mgmd process termination. I want to shutdown
> these process gracefuly before the machine is stopped to prevent the data loss. When i'll
> use pkill or killall command to send SIGTERM to the processes, they exit, however the
> question is:
>
> is SIGTERM handling in these processes equivalent to the "<id> stop" command in
> management console?
> (i.e. will the node exit gracefuly or is here any diferrence between this and normal
> shutdown?)

no, they will not shutdown as gracefully as with shutdown.  Note that
this has the potential of shutting down the whole cluster.

>The optional script-based solution which i though about could be to get main IP
> address of the machine's name, use "show" console command to get related node id's and
> call "<id> stop" for each of them, however this is more complicated then simple
> signal ;)

I would recommend looking for the ndb_<id>.pid file locally on the
machine and do one  ndb_mgm -e "<id> stop" per local id.  This will also
check for possible resulting cluster shutdown and disallow the stop.

BR,

Tomas

>The scripts are simple and look like:
>
>1.) /etc/init.d/mysql.backend
>--8<--
>#!/bin/sh
>#
># MySQL backend storage node startup script
>#
>
>MYSQL_BASE=/usr/local/mysql
>
>case $1 in
>  'start')
>    $MYSQL_BASE/bin/ndbd
>    ;;
>  'stop')
>    pkill ndbd
>    ;;
>  'restart')
>    $0 stop
>    $0 start
>    ;;
>  *)
>    echo "Usage: $0 start|stop|restart"
>    exit 1
>    ;;
>esac
>--8<--
>

>2.) /etc/init.d/mysql.management
>--8<--
>#!/bin/sh
>#
># MySQL management node startup script
>#
>
>MYSQL_BASE=/usr/local/mysql
>
>case $1 in
>  'start')
>    $MYSQL_BASE/bin/ndb_mgmd -f /mysql/cluster/config.ini
>    ;;
>  'stop')
>    pkill ndb_mgmd
>    ;;
>  'restart')
>    $0 stop
>    $0 start
>    ;;
>  *)
>    echo "Usage: $0 start|stop|restart"
>    exit 1
>    ;;
>esac
>--8<--

Thread
ndbd and ndb_mgmd process termination?Martin P├íla3 Jan
  • Re: ndbd and ndb_mgmd process termination?Jonas Oreland3 Jan
  • Re: ndbd and ndb_mgmd process termination?Tomas Ulin11 Jan