List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Richard F. Rebel Date:July 14 2004 4:52pm
Subject:Re: 157 GB MyISAM DB
View as plain text
I recently joined the list to ask a similar question.

I currently store about 7 billion rows in about 400GB of InnoDB table
space, we use the existing mysql replication to replicate to another
system.

My question is, does mysql cluster keep all data in RAM?  Thusly my
cluster set up would require servers totally 400GB of ram, or maybe even
800GB if I want the system to have two copies of everything for
redundancy?  It's around 10k for a 1U dual proc system with 16 gigs, so
I am hoping I have the wrong end of the stick...

I read the available documentation, I can't seem to find clear sizing
information.  Any help is appreciated.

--
Richard F. Rebel
rrebel@stripped

157 GB MyISAM DBThomas B√∂hme13 Jul
  • Re: 157 GB MyISAM DBRichard F. Rebel14 Jul
    • Re: 157 GB MyISAM DBBrancaleoni Matteo14 Jul
    • Re: 157 GB MyISAM DBJonas Oreland14 Jul
      • Re: 157 GB MyISAM DBRichard F. Rebel14 Jul
        • Re: 157 GB MyISAM DBJonas Oreland14 Jul
        • Re: 157 GB MyISAM DBJeremy Zawodny16 Jul