List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thomas Böhme Date:July 13 2004 12:05pm
Subject:157 GB MyISAM DB
View as plain text
Hello,

I currently have a MySQL DB running with about 2 billion records in
different MyISAM tables. These tables use a disk space of 157 GB data.

As I understood the concept of MySQL Cluster, it keeps all information in
memory. To use it for my database, this would mean that I need a lot of
machines which have together more than 157 GB RAM, right?

Is there a chance for me to get a cluster running with just a few nodes?

Regards
Thomas Böhme

Thread
157 GB MyISAM DBThomas Böhme13 Jul
  • Re: 157 GB MyISAM DBRichard F. Rebel14 Jul
    • Re: 157 GB MyISAM DBBrancaleoni Matteo14 Jul
    • Re: 157 GB MyISAM DBJonas Oreland14 Jul
      • Re: 157 GB MyISAM DBRichard F. Rebel14 Jul
        • Re: 157 GB MyISAM DBJonas Oreland14 Jul
        • Re: 157 GB MyISAM DBJeremy Zawodny16 Jul