List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thorn Roby Date:July 12 2004 4:34pm
Subject:Re: Memory requirements for cluster (linux) ?
View as plain text
So is the issue that the system needs to have sufficient memory to avoid
high paging rates, not that it has to have enough RAM to load the entire
database into memory? In other words, if I have a low transaction rate,
I might still be able to support a database larger than available RAM?
I'm particularly thinking of a situation where the database is large but
only a small part of it is likely to be active.
Brancaleoni Matteo wrote:

>as far as I've understood, the storage nodes needs lots of ram.
>as a rule of thumb, 2.5 (or 3) times the max size of
>your database stored.
>is very important that your storage nodes doesn't start
>swapping at all, or all the sync & replicas could
>get "out of sync"
>
>Matteo.
>
>P.S. search also the ML, there's some better answer to that.

Thread
Memory requirements for cluster (linux) ?Thorn Roby10 Jul
Re: Memory requirements for cluster (linux) ?Thorn Roby12 Jul
  • Re: Memory requirements for cluster (linux) ?Jonas Oreland14 Jul