List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Hoadley Date:July 11 2004 5:43am
Subject:Re: One frontend don't see changes made by another frontend
View as plain text
Joseph and Devananda --

That was it. When I first set up MySQL Cluster I used TYPE=NDB.
I inadvertently dropped it in my testing somewhere along the line.

Thanks!

-- Jim

--- "Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D." <jsacco@stripped> wrote:
> Hello Jim,
>
> At the risk of stating the obvious, did you specify TYPE=NDB when
> creating the cluster tables?
>
> I have observed that a mysql server can have both local and cluster
> tables. If a table is not in the cluster, other mysql servers connected
> to the cluster will never see it.
>
> I did a simple experiment using the "test" database that is present with
> all MySQL installs.  I first created a table in the cluster [TYPE=NDB]
> using a mysql server on one conputer. On a different computer I then
> fired up another mysql server that was connected to the cluster. The
> cluster table "magically" appeared.
>
> I then shut down one of the mysql servers, edited it's my.cnf file to
> remove it from the cluster, and brought it back up again. The server
> knew about the existence of cluster table [metadata had been copied
> locally] but certainly could not access the data. I then dropped that
> table the database, brought down the mysql server, edited it's my.cnf to
> put it back into the cluster, and brought the server back up. Like
> "magic" the cluster table  reappeared.
>
> Hope that helps...
>

> -Joseph

> On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 18:14, Jim Hoadley wrote:
> > Hello --
> >
> > I have a similar problem to the one Luca describes.
> >
> > 2 nodes on 2 computers (configured for 2 replicas)
> > 2 APIs on these same 2 computers
> >
> > All NDB tests are fine, meaning I can CREATE, INSERT, DELETE, SELECT as
> well as
> > stop either node. However I can only "see" the Cluster database from one of
> the
> > APIs. Connecting to the other, the database doesn't exist.
> >
> > Martin's suggestion 'need to do "CREATE DATABASE ..;" on all MySQL
> instances'
> > did not fix my problem.
> >
> > Sequence I follow is:
> >
> > 1. connect (from 3rd computer) to API on node_1 and create database
> >
> >  mysql> create table city(col1 integer not null primary key, col2
> char(20));
> >  Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.04 sec)
> >
> >  mysql> insert into city values(1, 'Walnut Creek');
> >  Query OK, 1 row affected (0.03 sec)
> >
> >  mysql> insert into city values(2, 'Bologna');
> >  Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)
> >
> >  mysql> select * from city;
> >  +------+--------------+
> >  | col1 | col2         |
> >  +------+--------------+
> >  |    1 | Walnut Creek |
> >  |    2 | Bologna      |
> >  +------+--------------+
> >  2 rows in set (0.00 sec)
> >
> >  mysql> quit
> >  Bye
> >
> > 2. connect (from 3rd computer) to the API on node_2 and read from database
> >
> >  mysql> select * from city;
> >  Empty set (0.00 sec)
> >
> >  mysql> quit
> >  Bye
> >
> > I'm starting the API on node_1 with the connect string like:
> > export NDB_CONNECTSTRING="host=localhost:2200;nodeid=11"
> [...]

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
Thread
One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendLuca Villani9 Jul
  • Re: One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendMartin Skold9 Jul
    • Re: One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendLuca Villani9 Jul
      • Re: One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendJim Hoadley10 Jul
        • Re: One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendDevananda10 Jul
Re: One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendJim Hoadley11 Jul
  • Re: One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendMartin Skold11 Jul