List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Devananda Date:July 10 2004 4:12am
Subject:Re: One frontend don't see changes made by another frontend
View as plain text
Hi,

I think I see your problem.

 mysql> create table city(col1 integer not null primary key, col2 char(20));
 Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.04 sec)

You need to explicitly define your table as NDB by adding 'Engine=NDB' to the end of the
create table command, since I believe MySQL still creates MyISAM tables by default.

Devananda

Jim Hoadley wrote:

>Hello --
>
>I have a similar problem to the one Luca describes.
>
>2 nodes on 2 computers (configured for 2 replicas)
>2 APIs on these same 2 computers
>
>All NDB tests are fine, meaning I can CREATE, INSERT, DELETE, SELECT as well as
>stop either node. However I can only "see" the Cluster database from one of the
>APIs. Connecting to the other, the database doesn't exist.
>
>Martin's suggestion 'need to do "CREATE DATABASE ..;" on all MySQL instances'
>did not fix my problem.
>
>Sequence I follow is:
>
>1. connect (from 3rd computer) to API on node_1 and create database
>
> mysql> create table city(col1 integer not null primary key, col2 char(20));
> Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.04 sec)
>
> mysql> insert into city values(1, 'Walnut Creek');
> Query OK, 1 row affected (0.03 sec)
>
> mysql> insert into city values(2, 'Bologna');
> Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)
>
> mysql> select * from city;
> +------+--------------+
> | col1 | col2         |
> +------+--------------+
> |    1 | Walnut Creek |
> |    2 | Bologna      |
> +------+--------------+
> 2 rows in set (0.00 sec)
>
> mysql> quit
> Bye
>
>2. connect (from 3rd computer) to the API on node_2 and read from database
>
> mysql> select * from city;
> Empty set (0.00 sec)
>
> mysql> quit
> Bye
>
>I'm starting the API on node_1 with the connect string like:
>export NDB_CONNECTSTRING="host=localhost:2200;nodeid=11"
>I'm starting the API on node_2 with the connect string like:
>export NDB_CONNECTSTRING="host=node_1:2200;nodeid=12"
>
>I can see the API connected to the mgm_ndbd on node_1
>
>NDB> show
>Cluster Configuration
>---------------------
>2 NDB Node(s)
>DB node:        2  (Version: 3.5.0)
>DB node:        3  (Version: 3.5.0)
>
>4 API Node(s)
>API node:       11  (Version: 3.5.0)
>API node:       12  (Version: 3.5.0)
>API node:       13  (not connected)
>API node:       14  (not connected)
>
>1 MGM Node(s)
>MGM node:       1  (Version: 3.5.0)
>

>Am I missing something? Any debugging ideas?
>
>-- Jim
> Jim Hoadley
> Senior Software Engineer
>
> Dealer Fusion, Inc.
> 1450 Enea Circle, Suite 100
> Concord, CA 94520
> j_hoadley[at]yahoo[dot]com
> (925) 969-8300 x125
>

>--- Luca Villani <luca.villani@stripped> wrote:
>

>>Alle 15:15, venerdì 9 luglio 2004, Martin Skold ha scritto:
>>

>>>Also the creation of new databases is currently also not propagated
>>>between MySQL instances.
>>>
>>>This means you currently need to do "CREATE DATABASE ..;"
>>>on all MySQL instances.

> [...]

Thread
One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendLuca Villani9 Jul
  • Re: One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendMartin Skold9 Jul
    • Re: One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendLuca Villani9 Jul
      • Re: One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendJim Hoadley10 Jul
        • Re: One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendDevananda10 Jul
Re: One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendJim Hoadley11 Jul
  • Re: One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendMartin Skold11 Jul