List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tomas Ulin Date:November 18 2004 8:32am
Subject:Re: max connections not reached and lost connection during query
with 4.1.7-max
View as plain text
Olivier Kaloudoff wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Nov 2004, Tomas Ulin wrote:
>
>> Oliver,
>>
>> in 4.1.8 some optimization/tuning settings will be available.
>>
>> but, I would strongly recommend to run several mysql servers in the
>> cluster. It performs better than having several clients connected to
>> one server. Our own experience is that one does not get an even load
>> in in the system until you have about twice as many mysql servers as
>> ndbd nodes (of course very app dependent).
>

> ok. So I can now explain why I had only 30% CPU max at each db node,
> and the same at API node level, and no network bottleneck. I'll put 2
> or 4 API nodes, so.
>
>> in 4.1.8 there will be a tuning param for better client/thread
>> concurrency but we have no real measuremets on the impact yet.
>

> Ok great. I just managed to have 4.1.8 from tonight to compile... Will
> be able to give feedback in less than 2 days :)

Haven't pushed those params yet though :(

> Regards,
>

> Olivier

Thread
max connections not reached and lost connection during query with4.1.7-maxOlivier Kaloudoff17 Nov
  • Re: max connections not reached and lost connection during querywith 4.1.7-maxTomas Ulin17 Nov
    • Re: max connections not reached and lost connection during querywith 4.1.7-maxOlivier Kaloudoff18 Nov
      • Re: max connections not reached and lost connection during querywith 4.1.7-maxTomas Ulin18 Nov