List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tomas Ulin Date:November 17 2004 9:31pm
Subject:Re: max connections not reached and lost connection during query
with 4.1.7-max
View as plain text
Oliver,

in 4.1.8 some optimization/tuning settings will be available.

but, I would strongly recommend to run several mysql servers in the
cluster.  It performs better than having several clients connected to
one server. Our own experience is that one does not get an even load in
in the system until you have about twice as many mysql servers as ndbd
nodes (of course very app dependent).

in 4.1.8 there will be a tuning param for better client/thread
concurrency but we have no real measuremets on the impact yet.

Olivier Kaloudoff wrote:

> Hi !
>

>     When trying to push mysql cluster to the limits,
> I don't travel very far yet, and did not manage more than 15 req/sec
> before a crash. Here is the scenario:
>

>     I'm spawning 70 SELECT requests each 4 seconds to a single API node,
> which accepts 150 max connections. The 150 max connections is never
> reached, peak is around 15 connections.
>
>     At this time, the API node answer with "Lost connection during
> query",
> and mysqld process dies. (just ask and I'll send you more infos)
>
>     I'm not sure I'd be able to tune anything here to get rid of this
> bad case ... Would you have any infos ?
>
>     Running on 4.1.7-Max official binary and kernel 2.4.26 (DB Nodes,
> MGM Node) and 2.4.27 (API Node)
>

> Olivier

Thread
max connections not reached and lost connection during query with4.1.7-maxOlivier Kaloudoff17 Nov
  • Re: max connections not reached and lost connection during querywith 4.1.7-maxTomas Ulin17 Nov
    • Re: max connections not reached and lost connection during querywith 4.1.7-maxOlivier Kaloudoff18 Nov
      • Re: max connections not reached and lost connection during querywith 4.1.7-maxTomas Ulin18 Nov