List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Hoadley Date:July 9 2004 10:14pm
Subject:Re: One frontend don't see changes made by another frontend
View as plain text
Hello --

I have a similar problem to the one Luca describes.

2 nodes on 2 computers (configured for 2 replicas)
2 APIs on these same 2 computers

All NDB tests are fine, meaning I can CREATE, INSERT, DELETE, SELECT as well as
stop either node. However I can only "see" the Cluster database from one of the
APIs. Connecting to the other, the database doesn't exist.

Martin's suggestion 'need to do "CREATE DATABASE ..;" on all MySQL instances'
did not fix my problem.

Sequence I follow is:

1. connect (from 3rd computer) to API on node_1 and create database

 mysql> create table city(col1 integer not null primary key, col2 char(20));
 Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.04 sec)

 mysql> insert into city values(1, 'Walnut Creek');
 Query OK, 1 row affected (0.03 sec)

 mysql> insert into city values(2, 'Bologna');
 Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

 mysql> select * from city;
 +------+--------------+
 | col1 | col2         |
 +------+--------------+
 |    1 | Walnut Creek |
 |    2 | Bologna      |
 +------+--------------+
 2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

 mysql> quit
 Bye

2. connect (from 3rd computer) to the API on node_2 and read from database

 mysql> select * from city;
 Empty set (0.00 sec)

 mysql> quit
 Bye

I'm starting the API on node_1 with the connect string like:
export NDB_CONNECTSTRING="host=localhost:2200;nodeid=11"
I'm starting the API on node_2 with the connect string like:
export NDB_CONNECTSTRING="host=node_1:2200;nodeid=12"

I can see the API connected to the mgm_ndbd on node_1

NDB> show
Cluster Configuration
---------------------
2 NDB Node(s)
DB node:        2  (Version: 3.5.0)
DB node:        3  (Version: 3.5.0)

4 API Node(s)
API node:       11  (Version: 3.5.0)
API node:       12  (Version: 3.5.0)
API node:       13  (not connected)
API node:       14  (not connected)

1 MGM Node(s)
MGM node:       1  (Version: 3.5.0)

Am I missing something? Any debugging ideas?

-- Jim
 Jim Hoadley
 Senior Software Engineer

 Dealer Fusion, Inc.
 1450 Enea Circle, Suite 100
 Concord, CA 94520
 j_hoadley[at]yahoo[dot]com
 (925) 969-8300 x125

--- Luca Villani <luca.villani@stripped> wrote:
> Alle 15:15, venerd>
>
> > Also the creation of new databases is currently also not propagated
> > between MySQL instances.
> >
> > This means you currently need to do "CREATE DATABASE ..;"
> > on all MySQL instances.
>
> Thank you very much, now every frontend seems to work fine. :-)
>
> Here there is another question: as long as mysqld normally store permissions
> in standard tables of mysql database, stored on local filesystem, do we need
> to grant privileges onto all mysqld frontend?
>

> > Any query referencing the table created through another MySQL instance
> > will then make it visible and you can see it in a "SHOW TABLES;"
>
> I've tested it and it's right.
>

> But during a simple test I'm going in trouble with a simple update: I found
> the OperationRecords limit... ;-)
>
> As long as we normally perform a 2-3.000.000 lines updates, are there some
> problems in setting an appropriate OperationRecords limit?
>
> Occasionally we've performed an alter table on very big tables (15-25.000.000
>
> lines), are there some problem on ndb?
>

> P.S.: yes, we work togheter all italian mobile telcos... :-)
>

> --
> Luca Villani                Wireless Solutions spa - DADA group
> NOC manager                 Europe HQ, via Castiglione 25 Bologna
> http://www.wseurope.com     Tel: +39 051 2966826    Fax: +39 051 2966800
> GPG public key available    Mobile: +39 348 5298542 UIN: 76272621

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
Thread
One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendLuca Villani9 Jul
  • Re: One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendMartin Skold9 Jul
    • Re: One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendLuca Villani9 Jul
      • Re: One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendJim Hoadley10 Jul
        • Re: One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendDevananda10 Jul
Re: One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendJim Hoadley11 Jul
  • Re: One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendMartin Skold11 Jul